need skimmer help

cgoodman381

can i put whtever i want?
Ok this may be a dumb couple questions but i need some help. I want to hook my skimmer up, but i think it may be missing some parts??

skimmer1.jpg

Here you see the skimmer and pump. How do I connect the pump to the skimmer?! I can screw it on, but I dont think the water level in my sump is ually high enouph for it and on the directions that came with it theres a tube from the pump to the skimmer, but it screws on perfectly. Also on the left in the pic theres a tube thing with two holes in the top, what is this for. Heres the pump screwed on.... Am i missing something?
skimmer2.jpg

Can you tell us the brand/model number of the skimmer?

Sorry biff but it wouldn't have helped. I should have included it anyways though. Its not for sale very widely yet, still a pretty new company to skimmers. I got it all worked out though. Called the manufacturer and talked to them about it. Its an eshopps tho. Thanks for your help to fatman.

Ok this may be a dumb couple questions but i need some help. I want to hook my skimmer up, but i think it may be missing some parts??

Here you see the skimmer and pump. How do I connect the pump to the skimmer?! I can screw it on, but I dont think the water level in my sump is ually high enouph for it and on the directions that came with it theres a tube from the pump to the skimmer, but it screws on perfectly. Also on the left in the pic theres a tube thing with two holes in the top, what is this for. Heres the pump screwed on.... Am i missing something?
:bounce:You are missing two pieces of pipe and a ninety degree elbow. The pump should sit flat on its rubber pads (suction cups) and the top of the pump should have a short piece of pipe then a ninety degree fitting and the another piece of pipe which will attach it to the hole in the side of the skimmer. The air hose is should be attached to the little nipple on the inlet tubing on the front of the pump. That little is a venturi inlet for your air. The end of the hose must remain above the water. Your skimmer design is similar to a Euro-Reef (non recirculating) needle wheel skimmer in that it pulls all water from the sump and injects it with air into the skimmer, instead of having a seperate feed to the skimmer then pulling water from the skimmer and then reinjecting it full of air back into the skimmer. Most needle wheel skimmers are recirculating skimmers, although that name is not always attached to the skimmer. Typically only manafacturers that make both types use that name in referencing their different models.:^:

The 1st pic shows how the pump should sit. You're missing the pieces to connect the pump to the body. Airline gets connected to the nipple on the venturi. The black piece on the left is the air silencer. It gets connected to the top of the airline.

Now that I'm looking better at the 2nd pic....that will work. As long as the intake of the pump is underwater. That skimmer should sit in a section of the sump with a constant 8" (aprox) of water. It's hard to tell from the pic, but is the hole where the pump screws into the body around 8" up from the bottom? That's about the mark where the water level should be.

Back