need some feedback

surferido

funky buttlovin
Alright so my tank has been doing pretty well since i got a new light system (like a month and half ago) which is a coralife lunar aqualight which does 130 watts to my 29 gal...so my questions are i had a little bit of salt creep fall off my skimmer and landed on my one of my star polyps and it was all retracked..but now it is out and a little section isnt comming out at all (but the whole thing is still growing)...it has been a week since it happend

The next question is i havent had a chance to do a water change in 2 weeks because i have school full time and work full time (i am usually really good at keeping up the water changes...i do a 5 gal water jug at a time) but i havent had a chance to top it off so the other day i bought 2 gals of fresh water and put it in there at once and the way i have my power heads set up it was blowing the fresh at the shrooms and my other green star polyps (not the ones mentioned above) and now my shrooms are kinda shrivling up...should i be worried..i looked online and it said give it a couple of days.

thanks for all the help...sorry for the long post...o and my water paramaters are good except the nitrates are at .05:bounce:

Alright so my tank has been doing pretty well since i got a new light system (like a month and half ago) which is a coralife lunar aqualight which does 130 watts to my 29 gal...so my questions are i had a little bit of salt creep fall off my skimmer and landed on my one of my star polyps and it was all retracked..but now it is out and a little section isnt comming out at all (but the whole thing is still growing)...it has been a week since it happend
Salt undissolved salt will burn corals.I'm guessing it killed the GSP where it came in contact with them.
The next question is i havent had a chance to do a water change in 2 weeks because i have school full time and work full time (i am usually really good at keeping up the water changes...i do a 5 gal water jug at a time) but i havent had a chance to top it off so the other day i bought 2 gals of fresh water and put it in there at once and the way i have my power heads set up it was blowing the fresh at the shrooms and my other green star polyps (not the ones mentioned above) and now my shrooms are kinda shrivling up...should i be worried..i looked online and it said give it a couple of days.
The quick change in salinity probably shocked them.
thanks for all the help...sorry for the long post...o and my water paramaters are good except the nitrates are at .05:bounce:

Hope that helps.

Back