Need some major help

silhouette

Reefing newb
I need some major help.. About a month a go I notice that I started having problems with my tank. Last week I did a partial water change to try and help it but now it's worse. My live rock has now turned completely black. The water has a greenish color to it. I'm not quite sure what I should do. Do I have to have live rock? I only have fish in my tank. My tank is 40g, and I only have 4 fish. I've wanted to expand but now I just want to keep it simple.

what are your parameters??..it looks like major descomposition...is the water smelly??..clean all filters..it looks that you need more water movment and filtration..but check your parameters lets start from there..

it looks that you have some descomposition on your rocks...do a 50% water change..clean all filters..probably it will trigger a new cicling..use some activated charcoal and chemi pure ..i hope that will help you a lot...

You need to figure out the problem first. What is your phos at? I know its frusterating at time but this hobby requires patients. The rock isnt your problem theres somthing else going on in your tank. Are you using ro water or water out of your sink? I would only use chemipure as a last alternative, it might help but is the nutrient porblem isnt fixed then it will only come back.

Back