needing salt and Im wondering

This is kind of a ford verses chevy question. I use reef crystals and have no problems out of it. I will mention i only have softies and lps corals tho.

I'm wondering because I have a hard time with some of my SP coral, like Duncan's, and stuff like that so I was thinking maybe I should try a diff salt, I always look for the best deal and maybe I should try a more expensive brand
This is kind of a ford verses chevy question. I use reef crystals and have no problems out of it. I will mention i only have softies and lps corals tho.

I think the real issue would be what are you trying to get chemically as each brand has a slightly different makeup. For instance, I use Oceanic and it is my understanding that it has a higher concentration of calcium when compared to others. Based on my tests I cant dispute that but have not used a different brand. I know others use Aqua Vitro but I know it is a lot more expensive.

:twocents:

Ford vs. Chevy: im probably in the minority because I like both for different reasons

Last edited:
I've used seachem reef and currently using reef crystals. Both have worked well for me I just decided I'd switch to the cheapest reef salt I could find. I've kept softies, LPS, SPS, and an anemone with no problems. Bojangels is right different salts will mix to different levels as far as calcium, mag, etc goes so you just need to find the type that will mix to the levels you want.

In the past, I've used Kent Marine, SeaChem Reef and Oceanic. Now I am using H2Ocean for no reason other than my LFS decided it was the only salt it was going to carry.

Back