needs some opinions

Ok that's pretty awesome but I can't figure how to attach one to mine I dont have a sump .only hanging biofilter .should I take out media and convert it? And is a 10 watt led good as a hotspot for it?

I must be mistaken with the sterilizer. I seem to recall a conversation on here about the minimum amount of time the bacteria must be exposed to the UV light in order to effectively sterilize the water and that water flows much too fast for it to be effective.

Just to highlight this again, you need to pull that bubble tip nem out of there. They are some of the most difficult animals to keep in this hobby. They require very high lighting, pristine water conditions and stability. I dont think you have any of those right now, and when nems die they can nuke your whole tank because of the toxins they release. I would also return that animal ASAP.

And +1 on UV not doing anything worthwhile. They will kill some bacteria and algae spore, but they do nothing to kill ich.

Ich is no prob,been through it in three days and done,Nites are at zero now and 10000 k HO lights are good enough for a bubble tip ,I went ahead and got the sterilizer, 24 watt.ive seen too many tanks with the same green cloudiness on google and they all have crystal clear water in like 2 days.I don't plan on having it on constantly. Just when this shit happens. Don't mean to seem stubborn ,but well see in good time where I'm at.

Last edited:
You shouldnt have any signs of ich, ich means your fish are stressed for some reason.
https://www.livingreefs.com/oh-no-have-ich-do-do-t30950.html

And how many bulbs do you have in that fixture? I still highly doubt you have enough lighting for a nem and I know you dont have the water quality to keep one.

And these algae blooms shouldnt happen all the time, its a sign that you have big troubles. Also many of these algae bloom go away in a few days anyways, I highly doubt its because people have added a UV light.

I wasn't saying I have signs of ich, u said UVs don't kill ich. I was saying that's no problem for me, as Iv fixed it before . As for reasons for the bloom, now that I really think about it. im almost positive it's cause I have it against a window with a cover on the back that I took off right before the bloom happen.I put it back on today. My nems in full bloom and has been since it was in my first tank last year....tank is looking clearer already :) , that's the point right. Il keep the thread posted

Last edited:
Back