nemo killed my goni

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
well hered what happened i got a clown yesterday a true percula and i guess he tried hosting the goni and hurt it instead:shock:
the goni has not come out at all today so all their is ,is a green rock all i see is its tentacles slowly peeking out but not as it should be

so im mad i tryed catching the percula but it hides in some caves so i was thinking how can i take this little killer out right now hes in the alveopora but he is being also to rought with it ( he gets in and rubs himself all up in their) the alve is out just not as it should be:grumble:

how can i get him out i was planning on taking the rock work out and getting him out but if theirs an easier way PLEASE tell me:frustrat:

Try putting some food in your net and letting the clown eat of it.Then trap him between the net and the glass.If that dont work,then the next easiest thing is with fome fishing line and a small hook.

Where is the goni and alveo located?

I find clowns are less likely to host corals that are closer to the surface.Perhaps try raises them higher in the rock work.If your lights are too strong then the corals may need to be shielded.

thanks you guy i got fed up and just basically removed all my LR just to catch him

bleh WTH atleast i got a chance to scape my LR again yey
basically i ran all my LR to the back it looks like a wall

but thanks
i had tried the food in th net with no luck

also the goni was up high and the alve was mid tank

maybe the Goni was hurting because you didn't acclimate it to your lights
um well what makes me think it was the clown was that the tentacles seemed to be inflated when the clown would scooch in their it had been doing good since i bought it untill i put the clown in their and then it deteriated(<--misspelled) also the alve he was trying to host also kept its tntacles closed for the most time

I think that your goni is dying because it's a goni, and may not have anything to do with the clown. Gonis are extremely difficult to keep alive and should not be attempted in new tanks.

I think that your goni is dying because it's a goni, and may not have anything to do with the clown. Gonis are extremely difficult to keep alive and should not be attempted in new tanks.
well since i took the clown out and reorganized my tank the fingers on the goni have started slowly coming back out :bounce: who knows i may get lucky(knock on wood)

"flower pot" gonis are always dead within 6 months. They just don't live long. encrusting gonis are much easier to keep. I have had mine for about a year and has grown to the size of a football in my tank. Freakin' awesome.

As for clowns, they will try to host your coral. some do not like the attention and will withdraw and over time, die from not getting enough light.

Catching clowns (as I have had to do twice) is no easy task. It is actually easiest to catch them at night, when the lights are out. get a small net and slowly lower it in the tank below where they hover - half asleep, you can nab them pretty easy that way. I have tried everything and that way works the best for me

-Doc

Doc is right!!! I had a clown that I tried catching everyday and finally I decided to try and catch him at night when he sleeps, I caught the fish within the first 5 seconds it was so awesome! I felt like an idiot for not thinking of it sooner after spending weeks trying to catch the guy

Back