Neno 38g reef tank

Neno reefs

Reefing newb
Well i am finaly starting a showcase thread :bounce:

Here is my 38 gallon reef tank, Its comeing alone nicely.

Soon i will be moveing the heater, powerhead and maybie the skimmer.

Attachments

• 433.jpg
    433.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 312
  • 434.jpg
    434.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 323
I also tested the tank today and...
Ammonia: .50
Nitrites: .50
nitrates: 10

I have nitrates!!! that means the cycle is comeing alone!! And its only been a week since i added the LR.

Once the cycle is done i am going to be moveing the LR in the back of the tank. (its in the front now)

:bounce::bounce::^::^:
Back from my trip.... And i got my first FISH!!! 2 little clownfish and 1 emerald crab :Cheers: (pics will come soon)

Drip aclimated for 1-2 hours

But, geuss what... i forgot... to buy another powerhead from the fish store!!! :frustrat::frustrat::frustrat: Right now i got a 250gph powerhead, and a coraline 65g super skimmer witch makes some current because it has a 650gph pump. Its going to be a few days until another powerhead gets here, will there be enough for the little fish?

Is your powerhead pointed at the surface for oxygenation? That plus your skimmer should keep the water oxygenated enough until you can get another powerhead.

yup, there is plenty of ripples on the top of the water, i am just worried about the flow in the tank, but do fish actualy need a lot of flow?

Now, i am worried about my emerald crab eating my clownfish..... The cownfish are so small, the crab might be a little bigger then the clowns but his claws are much smaller then the fish. Do you think this might be a issue?

ok, and after looking closer the crab is smaller then the fish.

Do clowns like seaweed? Also what about live brine shrimp? (might be fun to watch) right now i am only feeding mysei shrimp (sorry about spelling) I will be makeing my own food because its so exspensive to buy... any good recipies?

Have you googled fish food recipes? We made some fish food at my reef club. It had a bunch of stuff in it. All natural to their diet of course, clams, shrimp, spirulina, fish, etc... We also added some vitamin drops and garlic. But Im sure there are lots of recipes online.

I think i am going to go with a recipie like this

Table shrimp
seaweed
mysi shrimp
and then eather clams or oysters
and a little bit of garlic

The clown fish seem to be eating a little bit of the mysis shrimp, but most of the time they chase the food and right when its less then a fourth of a inch to there mouths they turn around? Is this normel?

mine did that for the first couple of days, but now they are feeding just as aggressive as the other fish...they are fun to watch.

Sad news......my smallest clown died today:passedout:sad::bye2::bye2::bye2::bye2::bye2::sad: I dont know why, i did a 5g water change yesterday then the clown went MIA lastnight untill i found him this morning dead. I noteced he was white skinny maybie he starved? Or did the water change kill him? Atleast the larger clown is doing good.

RIP little clown

I wouldn't think a WC would kill him unless the temp was way off or salinity...I noticed you said it was the same when you did it so maybe he just got stressed when you put him in the tank and refused to eat?

I am no expert but if he was skinny that might be the best bet

Back