New 12 gallon Nano Deluxe

dcantucson

Reef pro
Hi everyone!

I'm so happy. I stopped by Petco yesterday and purchased a new 12 gallon Tang tank. While I was there the sales person (from the trailer park next door) suggested I get everything while I was there. Great, I said "one stop shopping!" What could be better! I'm sorry, I gotta slow down, it's just I'm so excited to tell you how great my experience was.

So... I finally get home and set this thing up. I got "live" bagged sand already cycled, and premixed water, some cheap brown corals (because I got the Nano Deluxe with coral lighting), and my 5 large beautiful tangs! Wow these are real beauties. Each one a good 4-5 inches big!

I got everything home and put together and running (see picture) and it is beautiful! After getting it set up I put in 4 cubes of mysis shrimp so the fish would stop chasing each other. Gosh they all seemed so excited and happy. Made me about pee my pants I was so excited too!

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww127/dcantucson/th_NewTangs.jpg

Okay this morning 3 of my Tangs are staying at the bottom of the tank, kinda on their sides. Maybe just sleeping still. The other two like to place chase. Fun to watch!

Well, I guess I really have a question. This afternoon the water seems to be very cloudy now and one more of the Tangs is on it's side sleeping. Is this normal?

Also any other tips of the trade will be considered. But for the most part it's perfect, right? More pics to follow. I took that one with my iphone. Sorry about the quality.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i thought the tank would be a little more cramped than that pic showed

It's sad, because I've seen so many similar threads for real!! :cry:

But to make your story complete, you'd have to add how the Petco salesperson told you that your yellow tangs could be acclimated to freshwater (true story). :cry:

Dcan you're fired! I got excited for you until I got to about the second sentence. Nano's are awesome. You are a sneaky devil.

Back