New 90 gallon oceanic tank.

dolphins8426

Reefing newb
So this weekend I finally bought my new oceanic tank and upgraded my 55 to a 90 gallon reef ready tank. I am simply amazed how nice these tanks are. It took me about 8 hours to complete the move, but it is finally over. I ended up buying all new sand 140lbs total. I also used all new saltwater and so far everything is fine. All the fish, shrimp, crabs etc are doing fine. He is a picture I took last night right after everything was up and running. Let me know what you guys think? Thanks:bounce:

I will take better picture later today but here is what I got so far.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 5,609
Another question for all you reef freaks. I currently have the nova extreme 8 bulb system for my system but I would like to upgrade. Any suggestions on what j should get sonj can grow sps lps corlas. I don't want to be limited on growing corals and money isn't really a problem with in reason.

Another question for all you reef freaks. I currently have the nova extreme 8 bulb system for my system but I would like to upgrade. Any suggestions on what j should get sonj can grow sps lps corlas. I don't want to be limited on growing corals and money isn't really a problem with in reason.

I think most people on here are using T5's nowadays. I use Metal Halides and love them. They get hot, so you've gotta keep them cool, but I think they give a very realistic look to the tank.

On the other hand, some metal halide lights don't come with the blue lunar lights, which are always cool.....sometimes I wish I had the lunars.

No, you don't need a chiller with the MH light. Most of us here don't use them at all. The 8 bulb t-5 system you have should work well on your 90gal. Just keep the sps's closer to the top.

You should be able to keep SPS just fine with the 8 bulb T5 setup. For a 48" tank, most MH fixtures come with two lights -- one on each side. So if you have something in the middle, it doesn't really matter.

Back