New addition. Please ID

BigH55

I'm that guy
Well I got this acro for $30 tonight. I have no idea what it is called, but it is royal purple and has green polyps that come out. LMK asap so i know how to care for it.
AcroPic069.jpg

looks like you have a nice purple acro there. i am sure care is the same as for most acros. $30 that's just silly. I would break off a little frag and sell it for $30 and then you can giggle every time you look at your free coral

Who cares what its called! Dude that piece would cost me $150 here! Care would be typical of any acro IMO high light lots of random flow(lots you need to get flow into the center of that bad boy or it will die from the inside out). You dont want it in direct linear flow either or it will strip the flesh off from that side.

Its about time you goons chimed in. It does have a little die offon the inside, but ifthings go south ill frag it into about 20 pieces and sell them off. The guy at the store must not have known what it was.

Put in the tank to soon and it went bye bye really quick. Now its serving filtration duty in the sump. Its a rally cool skeleton though.

The algae was a joke. That looks like calaupra, gone sexual. Not good and takes a long time to get rid of. Id get a foxface to eat that shit.

Maybe thats either an Acropora secale or Acropora nasuta?:dunno:
Either way,it looks good.You cant get a like that locally here without hitting $100 bill.

Can't really tell from that pic. Would need closer and with some polyp extension. It is some type of Bali maricultured acro tho....at least it has the shape of alot of Bali's imports.

Back