New Addition to the tank, Hawkfish.

fishsticks

No clue about reefs
heres my new hawkfish, thought i toss in a pic of my plate also.

DSC00429.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

thanks everyone, yea he didnt nip at anything at first.
now hes just eatn everything i drop in there. :D
i like his eyes, they look at everything. pretty cool, like a comicbook fish.

Last edited:
yeap reef safe, one thing is he sits on coral but when he sits on my zoanthids or any of my coral they dont close up.. its like hes feather weight they cant feel him. so im happy i got him.

I think I'm going to look into one. Never thought of one before, guess I thought I had had all the reef safe fish I could find. Thanks!

i thought by reef safe they mean, eat coral?
ya sorry i forget to mention they might nip an eat shrimp, i hate shrimp so i have none. the hawk i have doesnt look at my crabs or snails at all i looked online an they have been known to eat shrimp befor but i didnt read about crabs, snails. sorry bout the reef safe confusion.

ya his eye balls :shock:. other fish have like w/e eyeballs but his r like :shock:. just something i noticed. funny i put a mirror by the tank a tiny one about the size of a calculator and the hawkfish swam over an just started checking himself out. for atleast 30 minutes

Nice. I have a green plate and they love sushi eggs like Orange flying fish row. Its also interesting to watch them eat live brine shrimp.

Back