New addition

grunt

Reefing newb
Aite i threw in today a 4 inch long cat shark in my 55 gallon with he huma huma.... nah just kidding ok now! on my 29 banger it's been a month and like 3 weeks and the water has been awsome so yesterday i threw in a small ball of culpra i think that's how it's spelled algae cause i have read that it's beneficial for your tank and a small nemo clown. they both are doing fine and the tank is full of diatom now that i borrowed my wive's 17 watt hood light lol till i get my 65 50.50 watt light with legs. so anybody here had clowns? cause i keep seing articles about how agressive they can be to another clown once the clown has been in the tank alone and then all of a sudden throwing in another clown. the thing is that i want to make me an aproved pair and i don't trust buying it from internet aproved pair already and then end up with dead fish at the door so this will be my second project. :helm2:

You did not say what kind of clown you have. anyways the 2nd clown should not be the same size as the 1st. much smaller or much larger but not same size.

clowns start a non sexed fish.Over time they become female when left by themself.That is why when after having one clown for awhile if you one the same size they fight(both females).By adding bigger(already female) or a smaller(to be detrimed)You might get a pair with the larger being the dominate female.I have two clowns in 29 gallon one is a sebae and the other is a false perc(nemo).they get along pretty good the sebae is alittle bigger.They both share my sebae anemone and hammer coal as host.Also watch culpera it can easily over run your tank,but it is also a great nutrient exporter

Last edited:
Part of the problem experianced a lot is by assuming the meaning of a question. So always pose your questions using industry (marine) nomenclatures, less something gets loss in the interpretation. also others will be reading the threads and some may not have seen the movie nemo, so be kind to those that may not know what a nemo clown is. hope this helps for your future posts and enjoyment. congrats on your progress, i assume all is still well.

I have 2 clarkiis. I added them at the same time in my 55. They are cool, they both eat from my hand. Both about the same size, although one is getting slightly larger than the other. They dont fight. Ive never seen ripped or shreaded fins.

Back