New additions

Jmck

Reef enthusiast
Alright, So some of you may remember i lost a clown fish last week. I have since gone back and replaced the clown fish for store credit and bought a mated pair of black and white clown fish

Man this makes suuuch a difference! my flame angel is out of the rocks more and is in view almost all the time and is also rubbing up against these clowns! something i never saw with the maroons

I also picked up three other little fish, I cant remember what they were though but there in the pictures

And last off, my leather has bounced back nicely, i just helped it along with the shedding, because it was damaging itself.

Also these clowns are so active! but its about time i bump up the feeding a bit, half a cube just isnt enough for these guys lol

046zp.jpg

048hj.jpg

052qi.jpg

057l.jpg

Nice additions Josh!... Just trying to be helpful, in the 2nd picture it shows your thermometer...Get rid of that thing, I had one when I first started too. They get whipped around by our powerheadds and break really easy. Buy a cheap digital one, I got one for about $10 and it works great. When the one that you have breaks all of those black bee bees in the bottom of the thermometer fall to the sand, they won't harm anything but you've gotta go in with a magnet and get'em all out and it's a PITA.. Since I've been on LR I've read at least 2 other threads that the same exact thing has happened.

Tanks looks great. The other 2 fish are firefish, they're dartfish or called firefish goby's.

Last edited:
Thanks :D im finally at the point where I can relax a bit and spend less on it :P but now i want a bigger one hehe

Thanks for the advice! ill have to get a new one, so far, it has been relatively steady and not pushed around, so I think my powerheads might not be strong enough for that, there cheapies haha.

Yeah, I didn't think my powerheads were strong enough either, or it may not even be the powerheads, but one day I came home and had black bee bee's all over my sand, I freaked because I figured they were mercury or someting but they're not.

Thanks reef, the big one moves like a whale so she is now Orca and the little one is free willy :P

I also picked up three other little fish, I cant remember what they were though

Josh those are Firefish.

Congrats on the new Clowns too. They look cool.

thanks everyone :) I found it cool watching the firefish come out in the morning from the rocks, one after the other :)

Thansk reef, Im finally getting a hang of the slr. Hopefully I'll get a bit better at it :)

Love the black and white clowns. Great additions.

+1 PRC. One of those threads was probably mine. My thermometer broke a few weeks ago when I gently bumped it with my Mag Float. A definite PITA.

Back