New again

swninja

Reefing newb
So like the title says, I'm new again. Awhile ago I got some help from some people on here to get into this hobby/obsession. After a series of unfortunate incidents I had to sell my tank. Well I'm back. I'm ready to try this again. Here's my first of many questions to come. Could I do a 30-35 gallon reef tank without having a maintenance nightmare? I do have some experience, but not with anything this small. I know keeping the water balanced would be a daily struggle, but for a few corals and a fish or two??? I just miss having a tank and dont have the room for a big tank anymore. Any suggestions for filtration/lighting. Thanks in advance.

Lighting would depend on the types of coral you are going to have. As far as the filter I have a 20 gallon with two clowns my wife brought home unexpected. The only filtration on it is live rock and weekly water changes.

And I know a little about the lighting, depth of tank, types of corals, just didnt know if there was a certain kind of light that was better for small tanks. ( wont cook the corals)

Yeah, the live rock and sand will be your primary filtration. A hang on fuge won't hurt, but isn't necessary. Welcome back.

Back