new anemone moved

psness

Reefing newb
I have one anemone (bubble tip) in the tank that has stayed in one place since I got it three months ago. I bought another last week (long tentacle) and placed it at the other end of the tank, my tomato clown eventually found it and now travels back and forth between the two anemones. The new anemone has stayed put for a week until last night. This morning when I turned the lights on, it was half way across the tank. Why do they move? I'm guessing they don't like the location for whatever reason (light, current, etc). Its previous location was in fairly strong current.

+1 prc, you may find that it will move from time to time, there are a thousand reasons why it may move but it is normal.

Correct me if I'm wrong (which I very well could be)... but aren't you not supposed to keep two kinds of anemones? Especially in such a small tank?

I think they will usually move to that one spot in your tank in which you DON'T want them. They seem to know just where that place is.

I don't know the answer regarding two different kinds of anemones in the same tank. I was surprised that the clown goes back and forth between them.

I was at one of the two local petco's the other day. (live just about right in the middle of two of them on is 15min a way and the other is 22)
But anyway they had at less 8 condylactis anemone in one tank you could not even see the bottom of the tank. I might be out tomorrow and will stop in and see if they still have them all in that one little tank. So I can get a pic. (it was sat night i saw that)
P.S. petco is having a $1 a gal tank sale till 1/5/11

I was at one of the two local petco's the other day. (live just about right in the middle of two of them on is 15min a way and the other is 22)
But anyway they had at less 8 condylactis anemone in one tank you could not even see the bottom of the tank. I might be out tomorrow and will stop in and see if they still have them all in that one little tank. So I can get a pic. (it was sat night i saw that)
P.S. petco is having a $1 a gal tank sale till 1/5/11

The sale is through the 15th

Back