New Anemone

Cathic

Fish Wrangler
Just got a Carpet anemone today, didn't find any special requirements for them, but wanted to ask for input to be able to provide optimal support for one. Let me know if you guys have any tips for me. Thanks.

The only problem is that they are the most lethal of the anenome`s. A fish that brushes beside it will be dead soon. Watch out for your fish.

This was another free one from the LFS that someone special ordered, it wasn't picked up so it has to go, who thinks I am better off taking it back.

Of course I don't really think I need the show of hands, because I am probably going too. It is an Atlantic carpet anemone. I have heard of aggressive behavior before and eating just about anything. So someone with that high level knowledge fill me in. I have no problem returning the thing.

Nothing hosts an Atlantic, and they pretty much devour anything, I'm almost certain they are strictly Carnivorous with no photosynthetic side. I also located them on the "What not to buy" list when it comes to inverts for a tank. These are different from other kinds of carpets, which will host Clowns, and are colorful, photosynthetic, reef friendly anemone's.

Yep you got, entirely different, these are the "fake" carpets, that eat any fish that gets close, clowns included.

I had one once and I totally go pissed off at it and threw it out the back door into the desert. That was my one and only experiences with carpet anemones. :shock:

I had one and almost every new fish I got was its lunch I was tired of feeding it sushi so I took it back to the pet store and got credit

Back