new anemone

Rockyreiter

Reefing newb
so yesterday i got a maroon clownfish and a bubble tip anemone (they're already getting along!) i put the anemone on top of the rocks closer to the light but from some reason my he keeps going below all of them away from the light. i know they need the light and i was wondering if that would be a problem at all. am i just worrying too much (cuz this is my first anem)?

thanks for help :)

my nem is sitting below my rocks as well. he will open up and stetch up when he wants more light. just let him stop where he wants to stay.

Be careful with that nem, if it dies, it will nuke your tank as the stinging cells fragment all over the tank and sting everything.

How is he looking? All inflated and colorful?
Give it time to find a spot it feels comfortable and monitor it.

so yesterday i got a maroon clownfish and a bubble tip anemone (they're already getting along!) i put the anemone on top of the rocks closer to the light but from some reason my he keeps going below all of them away from the light. i know they need the light and i was wondering if that would be a problem at all. am i just worrying too much (cuz this is my first anem)?

thanks for help :)

Anemone need time to adjust to your tank. Don't even bother trying to put him somewhere and don't move him, it will just stress him out. He'll move around your tank until he finds a spot he likes, at which point he will hopefully just stay there. Don't be surprised if he stays somewhere for only a couple days and then moves somewhere else and repeats that several times before he finds a more permanent home.

i would take a picture to show everyone but i cant really see to much of it, but from what i can see it its inflated and back to the shade of red he was at the store :)
thank you everyone for curing my worries!

I feel lucky with mine, he has stayed where i placed him from the very beginning. And even after i redid the aquascaping and moved fans, he hasnt budged from his spot!

the bubble tip needs moderate lighting and prefers deeper waters the to be at the top they like to be about midway to the bottom of a standard fish tank

I was thinking about a nem ,but i'm not going to get one...
way off topic here,but king,we are going to need to see some pics of those tanks:mrgreen:

I just got by LT purple anemone 2 weeks ago and it seems to love the spot I picked out and placed him. The last one I had loved the spot I picked and never moved. I have mine at the bottom of the tank between 2 rocks and in the sand. Like mentioned before, if they want more light, they will extend themselves and then retract. I guess I'm one of the lucky few that have never had a problem with an anemone.

Back