New AquaFuge Questions

little_tuna

Reefing newb
So i bought this Small Cpr AquaFuge 2 with the light and pump from a lady off craigslist and I plan on also putting this AquaticLife Internal Mini Skimmer 115 in it. Do you think the skimmer will still perform well here? And also, the pump she gave me seems like its missing some parts. I tested it and it works good but what goes over it to keep my fishies from getting sucked in it?

DSCN1369.jpg

DSCN1370.jpg

DSCN1371.jpg

:confused: no answers...

well can anyone answer this..

What should i put in my fuge?? Ive seen some people put 4 inch sand beds.. is that really necesary??

I figured just an inch of sand with some rock rubble and Chaeto

How much rubble should i put in it and what other types of algae??

Oh and the bulb that came with the light is a 10 watt 50/50. Is that enough for the algae????

I honestly have never seen something like that before.

And 10 W isnt enough for algae, i would just get one of those CFL squigly bulbs, that works great for fuges.

Most people use cheato in there fuges, bifferwine sells it for very cheap if you pm her.

And just put in as much rubble as you like. Just leave some room for the algae to grow. So maybe half full of rubble?

I also dont recommend a sand bed or any substrate for a fuge. That deep sand bed you saw, i personally think has more downsides than benefits.

Back