New Blenny

Heh does your LFS happen to be a Petco? Where they're also have spotted hawkfish, yellow tangs, royal dottybacks, and some other stuff on really good sales?

I've always had lawnmower blennies, but after my dino outbreak killed the last one, I am wanting my next one to be a starry blenny. They are just so cool looking! I think every reef tank needs a blenny of some sort -- they perform a very useful service in keeping the tank clean.

You couldn't have payed too much more for yours, I don't think I've ever seen them for more than $13.
Where in NJ are you north, south, or central?

I rent a place at Rutgers (where I go to school...Central Jersey)--picked up the blenny here ~$30.
Went down to Monmouth a couple of times for the beach the past few weeks.
And I'm currently back home...in North Jersey.
:D

Last edited:
It's a crazy small world, I grew up right off of Livingston Ave. in North Brunswick. I used to go down to Rutgers all the time before I moved from Jersey
I can't believe that, even full priced I've never seen a lawnmower that expensive

Well, the blenny has been in the tank for 2 weeks now, and he's seems to be getting comfortable hanging out on the rocks, nibbling at algae on the glass and rocks. But, I'll put in these Omega One Seaweed GREEN 23 gr. 24 sheets - AquaCave seaweed (green ones) sheets for him every couple days and he never goes near them. I know he's grazing on the rocks all day but, I worry that it might not be enough ... is there something better out there he might like?

Back