New build?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (DIY)' started by Melonbob, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Melonbob

Melonbob

Hey gang!

I'm starting a new build, downsizing so all my tanks fit in one room. I can get a great deal on a 65 tall rimless starfire on 3 sides. It was run for a year, then sat empty for a year. I was wondering if the silicone will still be good after sitting dirty for a year. Its a 4 hour drive, so I want there to be a good chance everything will be good before I make the trip? I know with a new tank in a store, a year is probably no big deal, but what about a tank that was used and sat empty?

And will the Octo NW 110 be enough for this setup? It comes with it

Melonbob, Jun 4, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Melonbob

Rcpilot

It'll be fine as long as it never leaked before.

Since it's a 4hr drive, tell the seller you want close up pictures of the seals before making the trip.

Rcpilot, Jun 4, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. Melonbob

Smitty

I think it should be fine, as long as it didn't leak before...also, that skimmer should be fine.

Smitty, Jun 4, 2009
  4. Melonbob

Alexander

That would be an awesome tank. I was just thinking about how cool it would be to have a rimless tank yesterday. i think you should be just fine.

Alexander, Jun 4, 2009
  5. Melonbob

dcantucson

Should be okay, but he could have it filled sitting outside when you get there so you could inspect it. Tell him your bringing a gun and will shoot him if it's leaking and you made a 4 hour trip for nothing!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Alright may be a bit extreme, especially for a Canadian!

dcantucson, Jun 6, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question