New Candy Cane Frag

dankolle

Reefing newb
I tagged this frag onto my most recent fish order. I have never had it before, any ideas if this is healthy looking or should I be looking for some signs that it is ok?

Interesting, it was labeled as a candy cane on their website. Water under the bridge! The photo was roughly 18 hours after delivery. It looks a little more colorful today, but hasn't really "grown" at all...what should I be looking for?

it looks fine to me also, just stressed. what you want to look out for is the white skeleton.. if you start seeing that around the top crown (where the ridges are).. then something is not right. It looks like all of the flesh is still there. I think it will do fine.

I have a couple of them and they spit nicely.. I dont feed them and they are doing very well.

Good Luck!

Where should I have it placed? I put it in a medium flow and at the bottom of the tank...should I give it more light? Should I stop freaking out?

Where should I have it placed? I put it in a medium flow and at the bottom of the tank...should I give it more light? Should I stop freaking out?

Sounds about right- generally you try to start new corals in about the flow they require but at lower light until they start opening up. Candy cane coral is really pretty durable so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Back