New Corals

fishman

Reefing newb
I got 2 new corals today that I purchased at the 2nd Bi-annual Chattanooga Frag Swap a torch and a green star polyp.I also got to meet Chris and Pterois .Chris was a nice guy ,and Pterois was very nice lady.There were more frags there than I thought there would be .I had a good time .

7-23-05002.jpg

7-23-05007.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

I'm kinda new to the club and was just browsing around.

Fishman, the purple encrusting stuff that hasn't appeared to open yet is probably your star polyps.

The clear anenome looking thing (aiptasia) isn't something I particularly like in my tanks and you might consider killing it.

If you choose to kill it don't cut or rip it cause that will only cause more in your tank. I prefer using lemon juice in a suringe.

Can read about natural alternatives here, but I'm not a fan of copperbands if you are a beginner, because they require special feeding.

http://www.garf.org/copper/COPPERBAND2.html

Good luck and nice frags.
Brandon

by golly I didnt notice the aptasia. you definitely want to deal with it before it spreads if you definitely identify it as aptasia.

My new zoo colony seems to have an aptasia on it to.I did not see it when purchased.I need to post a pic but my camera is ready for the trash.Anyway try some Joe's juice.Also sometimes when you try to inject them they will close up.
Try feeding it first.When its full of brine shrimp it cant close up.last meal hehe.The reason for geting rid of it would be they spread and can take over your tank and string your nice coral.Your frags look nice though

awesome idea.... been doing it for years and never thought of feeding it first.

i got one i saw this morning... I'll fatten him up nicely tonight :Cheers:

See if that helps... Sometime i have to try twice to get them...

Back