new fish = weird results

sprink669

Reefing newb
I have a 60 gallon cube with a 30 gallon sump a mixture of LFS live rock and 50lbs of Marco Rocks. Currently I have 3 blue/green chromis, 2 percula clowns, a blood red shrimp. I also had a blue cheek sleeper goby, I added 2 fire fish to the tank and the goby went nuts. I read a post about changing his house when a new species is introduced. So, I pushed some gravel in front of his hiding spot. 2 days later he killed one of the fire fish and the blood red shrimp ate his remains:shock::shock: Now I cant find the other fire fish and now the goby is no where to be found?

Luck of the draw.

Just FYI, you were overstocked anyway with 8 fish. At most, you should only keep 6 maybe 7 fish.

But I'd give the new firefish time, if he's still alive. Did you actually see the bullying? I've had a firefish pop up after being MIA for 3 weeks. Check around the outside of the tank in case he jumped out.

You could next time rearrange the rocks, introduce the new fish when lights are out and after feeding time. You can also try the mirror trick.

but again, you shouldn't have more than 6 or 7 fish in there. If the firefish turns up, don't get any more fish.

Back