new fish

salt newbie01

Reefing newb
Well Michael's Aquatic den just got in some new fish from a new supplier - And I got 2 of them. He is supposed to get some coral in tomorrow. He got in several diff gobys, a couple diff hawk fish, foxface, 6 line... they all looked pretty good - I got there before he took them out of the bags. I am trying to stock my new 58 tank with some small fish and I am taking my 75 in a diff direction. Here's the 2 fish I got from Michael's

2spot1.jpg

dlion1.jpg

dlion2.jpg

my new snowflake - which I got from Bermuda

snowflake2.jpg

I thought this was a cool pic of my eagle eye zoas - they look MUCH better under mh than vho's.

eagleeyes.jpg

I hope I will be able to get the lion fish to eat frozen foods - He is SO col looking. The female maroon clown was giving him a pretty hard time but I think she will leave him alone within a day or so. I hope.

I was there from about 7:45 til 8:30. I was in the dog house when I got home though. I was supposed to be home by 8 - that's when my son goes to bed - So he got to stay up late waiting for me. When were you there?

we got there at 1830 was there till around 1930 I helped him with his livestock he told us that even though he was closed on saturdays that when the meeting was held he would come in and open the store for us. Told us that you live like 5 mins from there when the bridge is open. I offered for me and jerm to pick up his livestock for him last night seeing as we were here and we were going that way anyway. He declined said his wife was already at the airport.

Yeh he asked me if the club wanted to come by after the meeting. I told him I just wasn't sure, it would be up to everyone. He is usually open on saturdays - I wonder if he thought the meeting was on sunday?? This was a new vender he hadn't used before. I think he is getting coral from the same people. Well it sounds like I just missed you guys. We might have passed each other.

I felt bad for him there was every bit of 10-15 that didnt make the ship and the majority of them were gobies. I dont know about his days of opperation all I know is jerm said he stated he was closed tues and sats and that he would open up for us the 27th he may very well have been mistaken, I thought it was wierd for a fish store to be closed on a sat anyway.

I was unaware of any change in his hours - he used to be open from 12 to 5 I think on sat and closed sundays and tuesdays.

I didn't know he lost that many. A lot of them were still in bags when I left - He might have pulled some of the bags with dead ones and I didn't notice. that stinks for him though. I hope his corals come in better - I think they should be in today.

Yes corals are due in today dry goods and live rock next week. Overall awesome store great pricing, great customer service, the only thing I didnt care for was the amount of algae and the skimmer over flowing cleanliness understandable hes not been open long that can be overlooked but the amount of algae was pretty bad. Will I go in there and shop again? Without a doubt.

yeh that is my complaint - he has some "housekeeping" issues. I think he has been in business for 2+ years. But he is a great guy and will do anything he can for you. I try to support him whenever I can.

In my earlier post I said I got the snowflake at bermuda - I lied!! I got it from Michael's as well. I don't know what I was thinking. It was late and I had a few!!:beerchug: Oh well

Its ok I saw it last night it is a pretty one, but yeah me and jerm try to help him out as well like I said overall great store!!

Back