New fish!

Cottonwood

Lets move to Basketball..
I'll try to get some pictures when I get off work today. My tank has changed a lot and I'll update my build thread. But my new fish I got yesterday are a Powder Blue Tang, Yellow Eye Kole Tang, a Fox Face, and I got a sleeper banded goby (I think) the day before. The Powder Blue and Kole Tang went to picking at my rock and eating within 30 mins of being in the tank. The Fox Face swam around a bit, then went right to hiding. The new goby is pretty cool, he has his home and stays in the center of the tank mostly sifting through the sand.

Other than those guys I have a yellow watchman goby, an engineer goby, a scooter blenny (dragonette I guess), Starry Blenny and 2 Maroon clowns. I think I'm done on livestock, maybe a flame angel, but not sure.

The Foxfaces that are at the LFS I go to in Phx that are in their frag tanks are always swimming around and eating stuff, I hope this one doesn't just hide all the time. Though I think the 'camo' look it does is awesome! I wish it were like that more often! I have wanted a Powder Blue and a Kole Tang for a long time, both, though common and pretty cheap are some of my fav looking fish. Plus I've had some hair algea that I cant seem to get rid of, so them picking at the rock right away sure made me happy!

Sleeper Banded Goby
IMG_1141.jpg

Yellow Eye Kole Tang
IMG_1139.jpg

Powder Blue Tang
IMG_1131.jpg

You can Just barely see my foxface hiding under that powerhead in between rocks in the back
IMG_1136.jpg

Awesome!! Congrats! I have had the foxface for a while now, and while he didn't hide much, he did just hang out on one side of the tank by the overflows all the time. They only time he would leave was when I would put in algae sheets (he eventually would it if off my hands!), or when I put in food to eat. He would swimg out occasionally when the Banggai would swim out. He's so chicken.

But when I got a kole tang and coral beauty, the foxface now swims ALL over the tank w/ the 2 fish. I think yours will adjust in no time :)

Back