New Forum - VBulletin

Chris

Reefing newb
Since things are moving so well I have purchased a copy of VBulletin you can view it at https://www.livingreefs.com/cmps_index.php . I have imported all the messages and users up to the date and time of this message. You can drop by to check it out if you like and see its progress while I work on customizing it. BUT be warned that I will do a reimport just before it goes live wipeing any posts or changes you have made.

It should be ready in a few weeks. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

P.S. VBulletin from an Admin stand point is a dream compared to phpBB also maybe jhnrb can finally see the pictures.

Excellent

Chris,

Nice job. Very clean. I also want to express my thanks for all of your hard work. It is very much appreciated.

Regards.

Thanks! I love reef tanks! Don't forget the the new board is not ready, I still have to the website design and add in a few more modifications, I just couldn't keep a secret. :)

Chris,
Thanks for getting this nice site up and running.I like being able to help out others with what I' ve learned.The new design is looking great keep up the hard work it's very apriciated.

Minireefer is spot on, its great to have some friendly folk with some expert help. The new forum is looking great especially now that you have ported the styling over.

Maybe you should setup a voluntary donation fund via PayPal?

I LOVE money! :bounce:

I started doing the import last night, I am debating on wether I should put the columns on the left and right side of this site on the new sight, the Navigation and Sponsors. Im not sure how they affect people who run on lower resolutions (800x600 and lower) and or people with dialup modems (because of the graphic load time).

Thanks for all the complements, I look forward everyday to getting in front of the computer to learn and share with others about my favorite hobby.

Don't forget it would be much of a forum with out all of you guys & gals.

new program

JUST SIMPLY AWSOME CHRIS. WONDERFUL JOB. KEEP IT UP. CANT WAIT TO LOG ON AND USE. I DONT SEEM TO HAVE A PROBLEM ON THE ITEMS ON THE SIDE AND I DO RUN THE LOWER RESOLUTION ALTHOUGH I CAN RUN THE HIGHER. NO PROBLEMS WITH SIMILIAR SITE. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Thanks!! I think I will take the new site live in the next few days, I was able to convert most of the skin over quite easily, I was suprised at how easy vBulletin was to use. When I created the look for phpBB originally it took me a week or so to get everything done.

The new site will have some great new capabilities.

1. a much better chat system
2. a glossary that everyone can add to, to help keep everyone up to date with reefing terms.
3. an article system that everyone can also add to. Im not much of a writer but we have a couple of great threads on reef tank startup that I would like to convert over to an article that is easy to find.

What we are going to loose in the short run is the acronym system, i am trying to find someone to write one, so we will probably be without it for a few months.

Oh, and I will have to convert the photo gallery by hand or just get everyone to reload their pictures.

Overall, I am quite happy with the turn out.

Uploading Pictures

I for one, do not have a problem with uploading the pictures again. I vote for you save yourself a little work, and let the members reload their pictures.

Thanks.

I agree with the other folks. we can reload our pics and save you some time. recommend a notice be posted in anouncements or thread a poll to be fair to all members. just a thought. I personally dont have a problem with reloading. thanks a lot chris for you time and hard work.

Back