New glass tank incomming!!

putter

Reefing newb
Ok OK OK!! you all were right, at least all that spoke up and told me not to get an acrylic tank, not even a year and I am going to replace it. I think I will go with either a bow front of maybe just a standard tank. Questions I have for you....how would you plumb a new tank so that the use of power heads is not required? Assume the tank will be 4' long by 2' deep and 28" or so tall. I will be doing the custom order thing again so I should be able to get what is needed with no problem, and maybe if I could your thoughts on style of tank...stay simple or step it up a bit? I know I will not go with the flat back hex again...to much distortion..maybe a wave front....or bow...or.....hmmmm. Tank will be viewed from the front and maybe one end.

Would it be mean to say "I told you so"? ;)

What shape/size you want the tank to be mostly depends on your budget. Getting fancy (bowfront, starphire glass, etc) will all cost more. If you have the cash and want to go for the "WOW" factor, check out zero-edge tanks.

http://www.zeroedgeaquarium.com/

Thanks yote :D good thread on a closed loop, didn't have time to read the hole thing but I will be going back to it. Bifferwine, thanks to you as well, some one was going to say it, so I'm glad it is out...yes, yes I was indeed a fool to purchase it....but just think....now I have one kick ass sump for the large tank I want to put up when I retire. The zero edge tanks look kewl but not sure I want that water fall sound all the time lol. Must keep researching the closed loop thing, and by the time I make up my mind on that I should have a good idea of style....keep the ideas comming :D

i think i told you you would not like it either. but i use my old acrylic tank as my sump also for my 75. you will be very happy with a glass tank.

Ok the new tank is here, no time to do anything with it yet but it's here, oh yeh and broken!!! Waiting on the shipping company to let us know what they will pay. I went with a regular box tank, with a full external overflow box, it has 3, 11/2 inch stand pipes and 2 1" returns and the bottom of the over flow box is what broke. The tank is starfire glass front and one end and is 127 gallons with the overflow box....does that put me in the big tank club? Anyhow the real reason I am back here bothering you good people is because the power supply for my LED lights has yet again packed it in and PFO (the peeps that make the light) have gone out of business! So now I want to go with the more traditional MH lights, is there any on the market that run a processor to time the lights for day/night cycles? Which would you all suggest for lights, I would like to try some sps and well I have some LPS still. Thanks for the advice in advance.

Congratulations on the new tank. Where did it come from?

I had the 60" PFO Solaris lights which went out too. Very frustrating. So I went with the Current Outer-Orbit lighting system. I think yote's got the same system as I. I've been happy with it so far. It's a combo MH and T5. I use a timer power strip which turns the light on/off and when off the moon lights come on, etc. I don't miss the dimming effect of my Solaris and you'll find your corals will respond better with MH/T5 lighting intead of LEDs.

Back