New guy

rngpw

Reefing newb
Hello, everyone. My name is Rick and like the title says I am new to this site. I have been in the hobby for close to 5 years now and I am currently stocking my 4 month old 300 gallon reef tank. I have a 90 gallon that was set up for a few years and I decided to redesign it so I sold every thing and started over. I think it will look really good when it is done.

currently as far as fish I have 2 yellow tangs, one 7 inch hippo, a 4 inch foxface, 2 percs, a sixline, a golden headed sleeper goby and lawnmower blenny. I have a ton of coral already but I am not sure of the names of most. I just pic the stuff that I like. Lately I have been getting a ton of sps and a few lps. I also have alot of zoos and mushrooms. Im not quite sure how to post pics but I will post some as soon as I can.

Hahaha Biff is gonna be pissed!

Rick welcome to the Reef! And also welcome to having the largest tank on the site!

Upload your pics to www.photobucket.com then click on whatever code is the bottom(youll see what I mean) it will auto copy it then paste it in the message box at the bottom of the page. thats the easiest way.

thanks I will have to get some batteries so that I can take some decent pics but I will get everything loades asap. That is cool that I have the biggest tank on the site. Hopefully, I can impress you with the way it looks rather than just the size. Let Biff know that if he wants to join the 300 gallon club that I have a spare 300 gallon tank in my garage.

Welcome to the reef Rick.
Dont let Biff anywhere near a 300 just yet:^:We lover er,but she's had the big tank syndrome long enough:mrgreen:
Post some pics when you get a chance,we all love pics.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I started a thread in the tank show case forum. I am in the process of converting my 90 gallon softy tank to an sps tank. check it out. I will post some pics of the 300 there also.

here is a teaser pic of the 300, before there were lights or any rock. I will have to get a good pic of it now. I have 3 250 watt 14k reeflux metal halides and 4 6ft, actinic vho's. I am using a Hammerhead pump for my return and 3 via aqua 3600 in the tank. So in total I have roughly about 9500-10000 gph running through the tank. I'm not sure exactly which skimmer I am using, but I do know that it is a euroreef and it is about a foot in diameter. Demension of the tank are 72x36x24, just under 300 gallons.

300 gallon (2).JPG

Back