new here.need help w/button polyps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwm

Reefing newb
ey guys this is my first post and thank you in advance for any advice given.I have begun working on my 30g reef tank for about a year now. I really enjoy this hobby and am extremely eager to learn new stuff. I have been back and forth with 3 lfs's and am getting mixed or even bad advice or setup instructions. Hopefully i have come to the right place. I have now 2 clown fish, 2 yellow tail damsels 1 puffer and some snails and crabs,1 tube anenome and some green button polyps. I bought the gb polyps 2 weeks ago and they havent really opened. I understand sometimes they really take their time but yesterday i noticed some turning almost a whitish color, some are limp and some have this brown stringy substance hanging on them. I checked all my tests; ph,nitrates and all that fun stuff. i use ro/di water. But i think its my light. I'm using a 50/50 PC aqualight 24". I think it only puts out 28 watts.i bought it because it was what the lfs clerk told me i needed. My bad for not doing my homework. I want to go buy better light asap but want to make sure its what i need.any recomendations? thanks again.
Current Aquarium(s) Description: 30gal 2 clowns 2 yellowtailed damsels, 1 pufferfish, few crabs and snails
Experience in Saltwater & Reef Aquarium Hobby: 1 yr

If it's only a 28 watts then it's the lighting. How many bulbs are in the fixture? I would get T5's if you want to keep all types of corals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back