new lighting for 55

G_Beck_87

Reefing newb
hey im tryin to get suggestions on new lighting for my 55 fowlr that im tryin to convert to a mixed. my current price range is 350-400. I know i cant get nething crazy but would like to be able keep softies and some sps possibly an anem.

I've had one of the Marineland LED reef capable fixtures on my 30, and had awesome results. Here's a link to a place that sells it, includes timers, comes in 4 different sizes.
Worth doing some research on :)

Marineland Reef Capable LED System with Integrated Timer

I also bought 2 of the Taotronic LED fixtures for my 75, after seeing a lot of good reviews from people on here and from other sites. But I've only been using them for about 3 weeks.

Thanks im really leaning towards the aquaticlife, better reviews and i like the fact it has a built in timer. seeing i took the controller for my BC.

I'd go for the AquaLife. I had one of the smaller Coralife fixtures (same basic construction) and it seemed kinda cheaply made- brittle plastic, ill fitting parts and the like.

I would also look at the Current Nova Extreme as well. I think it's in your price range, or close to it. It will definitely let you keep anything

Back