New member of the family

yote

In Memoriam
Got this lil feller yesterday evening:
Mandrine.jpg

moremandrine.jpg

This guys going to be a little pig.He loves frozen seafood.
mandrineagain.jpg

Heres one for Bobby and Rigo,I know how they love Zoas:
Zoas-Actinics.jpg

And heres one of my little cleaner shrimps and my leather coral:
cleanershrimp.jpg

Looks great Yote.I got a Mandarin about a week ago too.Nice fat one and eating mysis.Great that yours is eating frozen too.I see you have hitchhiker palys on your zoos.Are they actually neon yellow like in the pic.

***No,this is not me trying to keep up with you know who***

Thats with just my actinics on.There more of a light green under the 10ks.

Palys in the Zoas,and a full rock of Palys next to em.I got both the Palys and Zoas from Donny right after the 55 cycled.

And congrats on the mandrine to.

lol..yote..everyting looks great!!..yesterday i was at my lfs and my wife felt in love with a mandarin the had there...defenetly im gonna have one when i set up a new tank..those zoas..beautifull is the word...i love hitchikers too..good luck ..have fun!!

Just make sure you hold out for one that eat frozen foods.Or make sure you can grow enough pods to keep it fed.And trust me,for such a small fish,that can put some groceries away.

love the fish yote. that is the only other addition to my 80 that i really want. seems like i want all fish that have a bad rep for not eating hah. thats awesome that its eating frozen food! really beautiful fish

Must be the bad rep part.Cause it seems that the fish i like too.

I'm going to try a flame angel in the next couple of weeks.Waiting till after the frag swap though.

my flame got sucked into my aquaclear 50 today it scared the hell outta me . it was just laying there sucked sideways in the intake. i unplugged it immediately and she swam away, ate food right after that so im hoping she will be fine, didnt look any worse for wear

I've seen Blue Regal Tangs do that at the LFS I help at.They'll actually swim up to the filter intake and let the suction hold em while they rest.

Just make sure you hold out for one that eat frozen foods.Or make sure you can grow enough pods to keep it fed.And trust me,for such a small fish,that can put some groceries away.
thats why i didnt buy it..cause i want a tank with a sump so i can provide good food supply for him...i bought a arrow crab also..hes doing great!!

Rigo,It all depends on how big the rock is and the color of zoas.I've seen em from 15 to 80 bucks.

Biff,Thats one of the rocks I got from Donny right after your first trip to Chatt Town.

I have always wanted a mandarin but never got one due to it's poor eating reputation. congrats enjoy hope all goes well with your new addition.

I have always wanted a mandarin but never got one due to it's poor eating reputation. congrats enjoy hope all goes well with your new addition.

I fight those reputations, look at my 2 newest fish. they are eating like crazy! thats why i named my copperband "Lucky"

Yote will whip that goby into shape. Already eating frozen food is a wonderful sign. As i see it if i see them eat at the LFS i will roll the dice! and if it doesnt eat, yote will MAKE the mandarin eat off his special fishing fly and take care of that situation :mrgreen:

Yote,don't answer Rigo,we all know what he's up too.
Rigo,your tank is to small for a Mandarin unless you find one thats eating frozen already.

Yote,don't answer Rigo,we all know what he's up too.
Rigo,your tank is to small for a Mandarin unless you find one thats eating frozen already.
thats true..but im planning on setting up a bigger tank..but i know mandarins are hard to keep...tank must be matture enough to support him..but gosh are they pretty!!

Back