New mushrooms, need some names

Drvillen

Reefing newb
I would like to identify the new mushrooms I picked up, hopefully the pictures will work...

Attachments

• DSC_0007_006.JPG
    DSC_0007_006.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC_0006_005.JPG
    DSC_0006_005.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 336
  • DSC_0014_013.JPG
    DSC_0014_013.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 308
Be really careful with the elephant ear mushrooms, when they get big they will catch and eat fish

How long does it take for them to get "really big". I have a special habit of not being able to grow stuff. Two smaller frog spawns gone, colour washing out of acans and ricordeas, I even have trouble with finger leather(died). Any way back to the original question about how long little fish? Zoas are hard for me to grow too.....:frustrat:

Depends on the individual, but if you are having trouble growing those corals you should take a close look at your tank and your parameters. Those corals should flourish in almost any situation.

Depends on the individual, but if you are having trouble growing those corals you should take a close look at your tank and your parameters. Those corals should flourish in almost any situation.

I know and that is what I don't get, I have Vertex Illumina LED lights and they are at about 40% when they are fully lit, maybe I should up the lighting a bit. There is no real algae outbreaks in the tank either. PH is 8.4, salinity 1.024, phosphate 0.10, will get back with nitrate levels in a bit I have to go out right now...

You should be calibrating it with a saltwater solution. You need to calibrate those things close the solution you will be testing, otherwise you can get inaccuracy when the point you calibrated to and the measure point are far off.

You can get 35 ppm calibration fluid on ebay for $3, i would highly suggest purchasing it and re-calibrating your refractometer and then check your salinity

You should be calibrating it with a saltwater solution. You need to calibrate those things close the solution you will be testing, otherwise you can get inaccuracy when the point you calibrated to and the measure point are far off.

You can get 35 ppm calibration fluid on ebay for $3, i would highly suggest purchasing it and re-calibrating your refractometer and then check your salinity

Cool, thank you. Will check into that.
Oh ya, nitrates are under 5 ppm.

Last edited:
Back