New orange seastar

Melosu58

Reef enthusiast
Well I guess I`ll be the first to post a pic of christmas pick ups. My daughter got this orange seastar for my reef tank. I had a blue linknia that I had for over 4 yrs but have not seen it for a few months now. Oh well here he is. Sorry for it being kind of fuzzy.

028.JPG

those are so cool :D
i love those except i cant keep them cuz i keep my tank at 78 so they will disintegrate in my tank just like my last one :(

i love those except i cant keep them cuz i keep my tank at 78 so they will disintegrate in my tank just like my last one :(

I'm not sure that's the problem. Do you think your tank is too warm? My tank stays between 82 and 84 and stars do okay.

Disintegration sounds more like a voltage leakage problem. I had three linkias that had that happen to them before I figured out my powerheads were leaking voltage into my tank.

Definitely not the problem. My tank is 78..I have a blue linkia with 4 legs. Had him since my first tank got wet.

it could have been nitrates too, this was a long time ago, but the guy at the pet shop said that that specific type of sea star, not other types just that one and the blue ones will disinegrate under higher temps :0

Sorry about you Blue Linknia Mike. You were one of the few that had a lot of success keeping them. Any speculation on what happened?

Back