New pics with questions............

Mennazeher,

It was briefly mentioned, but how much flow do you have in the tank? The cyano (red) algae is a good sign of stagnant water. Do you have some powerheads in there? If not, you should get a few and point in dead areas to help fight the cyano.

Hey messiah, well I have 3 maxi-jet 1200 with the upgrade kits on them which brings the GPH on each PH to 1600GPH. I was told that is plenty in my tank, is that true? Do I need more? Also i just added those upgrade kits recently, like a month ago and the red algae started to grow before I upgraded. So hopefully after some water changes I wont have that problem anymore.

Hey messiah, well I have 3 maxi-jet 1200 with the upgrade kits on them which brings the GPH on each PH to 1600GPH. I was told that is plenty in my tank, is that true? Do I need more? Also i just added those upgrade kits recently, like a month ago and the red algae started to grow before I upgraded. So hopefully after some water changes I wont have that problem anymore.

One more wouldnt hurt anything.

Its alright to have the powerheads run constant.Mine do.
Its good to have a wavemaker,but you have to becareful because the constant off and on will cause some of the powerheads to wear out a lot quicker,plus some of em,like the koralias will kick backwards making a loud racket when they kick on.Sometimes they'll run in reverse.

Back