New puffer

andersoned14

Reefing newb
here are some pics of my new puffer first one is during acc and then seconds after add to QT. going to QT for at least 3 weeks in copper than move him to the DT with my clown.:Cheers:
a23fa951.jpg

7fa3a8ec.jpg

Yeah, copper is tricky because not all fish can take it. I was reading on wetwebmedia that firefish and gobies can't handle copper too well.

Another reason why I think hypo is a better option in general... With copper you have to research your individual fish ahead of time to make sure it can even be put in copper.

Thats a nice healthy looking puffer.But if you treat him with copper,you'll probably end up with a dead puffer.

ok I put the carbon filter in which is what the copper treatment says to do to remove the copper. I understand that I will not take it all out but will lessen it. I will also do a water change everyday till the test kit reads 0. The LFS has copper in most of their tanks, one of which the puffers are in, so I am not to worried. I called and they use the same stuff I have. He said don't make it very strong and not for very long. So I will get him back to reg water soon. I don't want to do a big WC now because he just got in there and don't want the parm to change real fast. Hope this works let me know what you guys think. puffer is in a 20gal QT tank and I was going to go with a 1-2gal WC a day which would also help with the natrate build up I am sure to get.

Back