New Skimmer

outlazz

Reefing newb
Since im still new to this just looking for some input. i would like to replace my junk Prizm skimmer and get a better one. i now have about 90lbs of LR and running a canister filter :frustrat: i know its like the biggest no no but i got it running with this setup when i bought it used and im trying to do away with it. so i was lookin at this...

Aquarium Filtration & Water Quality: SeaClone Protein Skimmer

and i just wanted to know if it would be enough or if i need better.

STAY AWAY FROM THE SEACLONE!!! My buddy has one and just doesn't know it's not really doing anything. Although I tell him it's garbage he just shrugs and says "W/e... it's working." Until you save enough $$ for a decent HOB skimmer just do weekly or twice weekly water changes. You get what you pay for with a SeaClone. It'll be worth it for you to save some $$. Look into Aqua Remora's or Octopus HOB filters.

The SeaClone is WORSE than the Prizm. It's probably the worst skimmer out there. The two that Mr. Sniffles recommended are the best -- Aqua C and Octopus brand.

I will i guess third that the seaclone is junk. I had one and no matter what I did, it wouldnt collect more that a cup a week. I would adjust it, clean it, moved it to a sump that had a constant water level, nothing worked. I am also currently saving for a better skimmer.

Brian

no experience with the seaclone but i have a octo 100f and it kicks butt. pulls out nasty black stinky stuff need to empty the cup every two or three days on a 30g. like mr sniffles said do water changes, save your cash and get a decent skimmer.

Ya, that'll def. kick some a$$. I'm looking into trading in my remora nano which is only rated for a 25 max for an Octo with a needle wheel. I really like the needle wheel pumps. So you should more than ok with that octo skimmer.

Back