New "STUFF"

messiah023

Reefing newb
Thought I would share and question the pros.
I added some new corals and clown gobies.
I picked up a lavender/pink leather (center sand-bed) that was really cool, but I don't know what type of leather it is? Any guesses? Tank is doing really good since I added the skimmer!!! What a difference. Everything is healthy and thriving (And growing).

IMG_5435.jpg

Thank you Cthegame,

I was lucky enough to have a buddy frag some lps for me. He gave me some small frogspawn & starburst polyps which keep growing.

Any ideas on the lavender leather up front? I have no idea, it just looked great and I had to have it.

Thanks.

I say cabbage leather. I have one as well, just not that cool color. great addition. the tank looks great

-Doc

I also agree that it's most likely a cabbage. I have never ever seen that color though, that's amazing. I have a cabbage, and it's pale pink (as all of the one's I've seen are).

Thanks guys, yes....after looking up cabbage leather, I think I have to agree.
The shop owner said he's never seen this color before either, he had 3 pieces that went in 2 hours. I was just in the right place at the right time. I also picked up a bright white & yellow finger leather frag (pics coming soon).

It definitely looks like a cabbage but a very perculiar color,that I've never seen.Most photosynthetic soft corals are never that colorful,be weary that it could be a dyed specimen.Hopefully that's not the case,maybe a rare specimen instead.

Really striking color!

Back