New tank upgrade

Greenman

Reefing newb
Upgraded from my 29g to a 55g Looks so baron now but its off to a nice start. So far small stock list, six line wrasse, Lawnmower blenny, royal gramma and 2 clowns.

Attachments

• 20130522_201016.jpg
    20130522_201016.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 278
Nice upgrade :D! And, just to let you know, that's not really a small stocking list. That's pretty much max until the first year is up, then you may be able to sneak one or two more. Looking good though, and glad to hear you upgraded :)

Yeah I thought that too, then my fish came down with Ich, and lost some. Just because the bioload can handle it, doesn't mean it won't stress the fish out. Better to play it safe lol

That looks very nice. Did you add additional rock to your 55 gallon or did you just use the rock out of your 29 G? Just curious cause your rock looks kinda small.

Its the original rock outa the 29 gallon. Looks way to baron for my taste but I have about 20 more lb's that i had in a tote that is recuring and getting ready for deployment lol.

Just a word of adive, normally 1 to 2 times the water volume for the weight of rocks in your tank. I have almost 70 lbs in my 55 and its almost too crowded but it seems to do very well. How much weight did you have in your 29 as it might not be enough even with adding the extra 20 lbs. Just something to think about.

not sure but all of it is Fuji rock and really heavy stuff. If i had to guess I had about 30-35lbs. Everything in that picture is off of my 29 gallon.

Back