New Tank

ph33nyx

Reefing newb
Well after getting everything set up and running here's my JBJ 12g nano. Thanks to everyone here with their advice.
DSCN0627.JPG

sweet
make sure to keep the flow way up in that cube and take care of any algea problems real quick
which hood did you get with that tank? did it have the built in leds or not?

sweet
make sure to keep the flow way up in that cube and take care of any algea problems real quick
which hood did you get with that tank? did it have the built in leds or not?

I got an additional powerhead, but it broke off the base while I was positioning it, hence why it's low in the tank. It's the stock hood. It does have the built in leds

Hello those are great little tanks just keep the sponges clean and don't use the bio balls use rock rubble instead.mine nano cube turned into twin 40 gallon breeders this xmas.beware the upgrades lol
happy tanks to ya

Last edited:
Since I bought it used it didn't come with any of the sponges or bio-balls. I put some fiber material in the 1st chamber, the middle will eventually be a refugium (rock rubble and marco algae), and then the pump and heater in the 3rd. I have been having some problems getting the plastic peice to say in place on the intake side (you can see it has fallen off and is on the right).

yeah that little surface skimmer thing sucks.I don't use mine think i may have even lost it .i used 3 sponges in mine with floss on top you have to change the floss like every three days so it don't turn into a nitrate factory.after 2 months with live rock rubble in the second chamber i removed all sponges and floss filled that with rock rubble and runs nice and clean.I shut off main pump for feeding though.Going on over a year no problems.enjoy but you will have to really keep up with water in a little tank it can go from good to bad fast.take your time and be real careful not to over work the biological field.Small tanks mature very slowly

small tanks are fun youll probaly want about 18 pounds in the tank i noticed with my 24 it got a little better as i put more live rock in, the skimmer is held on by water pressure so put it on so it is seated around the whole inlet really high and the water level should start to raise than lower skimmer a bit and use that to adjust the water level in the 2nd and 3rd chambers not too low or youll burn out your pump
what macro algea are you going to put in the 2nd? and do realise those chambers get no light basically

what macro algea are you going to put in the 2nd? and do realise those chambers get no light basically

I'm not sure what type of macro algae I'll use, but the previous owner peeled the black off the middle chamber for a refugium, so I thought I'd do the same.

right on man make sure to shine some kinda light in there and chaeto is the way to go
i think youll enjoy the cube i like mine

Back