New to Living Reefs

rudabug

Reefing newb
Hello all. Just moved up to a 40 gallon tank from a 10 gallon tank. Only a few corals and just two fish from my other tank. Had to cycle the tank with livestock in it not good. Lost a tuxedo sea urchin and a blue damsel. The guy at the LFS said I might have issues but needed to do something because the old light from the ten gallon tank were toast and they had no replacements. SO far so good still have AMMO but doing water changes. I am glad they had no replacements for the old tank

That's a bad situation, but if you no choice WHAT SO EVER!!, than I suggest you go buy a bottle of "Bio-Spira" & place it in the tank. I don't really prefer this method, but it is scientifically proven to cycle a tank & stabillize water parameters in 48 hours or even less. It's either that or see if a LFS (local fish store) will babysit them while your tank cycles. Anything's better than just watching them suffer IMO. Oh & those water changes will only prolong the cycling process so just let the tank sit & do its thing. Good Luck!!

Last edited:
Back