New to Site and New To Salt Water

karisfish

Reefing newb
Hello,

I have a 28 gallon nano cube reef series tank. It has a built in wave maker and better lights for corals. I have only had it running for about 3 weeks so I don't have any fish yet. I can't wait! I started it with live sand and live rock so I would think it would be ready for a few fish soon. I have been testing the water every day and have had no spikes. I also have a 56 gallon bow front (soon to be upgrading to at least a 90 gallon) fresh water Discus x 6 tank with a school of cardinals x 20 and a few cory cats x 3. Then I have a 16 gallon bow front with just a few fresh water community fish in it.

Hello and welcome to the site! If you used live rock and live sand, you may not see a cycle. Try putting a small bit of food in the tank, let it rot, and see if your parameters go up. If they don't, you should be all set for your first fish. Remember, start with one or two hardy fish, and add no more than one new fish every 3 weeks or so.

A general rule is 1 fish per 10 gallons of water so you should comfortably be able to have 3 in your tank. After it's been established, maybe 4 . You say 28g nanocube. I'm assuming you have the JBJ Nanocube? And if so, which model? CF Quad, HQI, LED, open top? Welcome to the site by the way!

A general rule is 1 fish per 10 gallons of water so you should comfortably be able to have 3 in your tank. After it's been established, maybe 4 . You say 28g nanocube. I'm assuming you have the JBJ Nanocube? And if so, which model? CF Quad, HQI, LED, open top? Welcome to the site by the way!

It's a 28 gallon NanoCube- CF Quad Reef Series. it has a closed top.

Last edited:
Mine just turned a year old love it 5 gallon water change every 2 weeks I got rid of the factory sponge and use filter floss with chemipure 1/2 load in center tried to convert center into a fuge no luck are you going to try a stock skimmer? The only thing I have noticed are the pumps not a big fan of the accela 1000 I keep both pumps on 24/7 along with a korella 3 best thing to do with this set up is flow I am going to switch to the maxi jet 1200 on my next big cleaning....My only downer is the stand I was going to search the DIY site and see if anybody constructed a stand for this tank and get a set of plans......

Back