New to site not saltwater though :)

jdameli1

Reefing newb
Hello,

I have been keeping saltwater tanks the last few years, I currently have a 72 gallon,a 60 gallon hex seahorse tank, a 55 gallon predator tank, a 90 gallon mixed reef and a 220 gallon tank in the process of cycling. I still am not sure what kind of tank I should make that so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :) I am a college student getting ready to graduate this year, and I just recently started an informational based website on reef tanks, after getting so much wrong and conflicting information when I started.

JD

Hello and welcome...So whats in your predator tank??For the 220 i would put 2-3 large angels and triggers,but thats just me

That was suppose to be 150 gallon predator lol.... m. Theres a dogface puffer, clown trigger a lion of somesort and I think a hog fish .... the predator tank really isnt mine, boyfriend takes care of it and stocking it, I refuse to have a tank that does not have a CUC :-)....But It was the only way to get him interested in the tanks so I let him set it up in the computer room, and he gets to clean it lol. Ill get some picks up when i get home

Welcome to Living Reefs!I'm not a big fan of predator tanks,not enough diversity for my taste.You can makethe big tank a reef system(if you can afford it with all the other tanks).

Welcome to the site my friend! Enjoy your stay and feel free to ask questions or share your experiences with us!

We have some fellow seahorse enthusiasts on the forum too! I know Picasso takes care of them and Bifferwine is also setting up a brand new tank to house them as well! Not sure if giving their names is the appropriate thing to do but i'm sure they/you will be stoked to know!

This site has a very friendly community which is all about helping others and putting in contributions to make this the best reef site around! Feel free to check out our chat room as well if you feel like talking to anybody as well. It's pretty active in the later afternoon.

Have fun!

Back