New to the site, But not the hobby

DSC00930.jpg

DSC00931.jpg

DSC00932.jpg

DSC00934.jpg

DSC00935.jpg

DSC00936.jpg

Hey thanks for coming over and shooting the pics.

I think I said it at your house but in case I didn't the e-amil addy is:

[email protected]

If you could send the pics that would be cool. Thanks Derick again. I'll trap the bristle tooth tang and give you some of the GFO from BRS this way you can try the pellets and see what you think before spending any cash. Remember you only need 6 table spoons for your GFO reactor. It will take about a mounth before you notice it starting to take control, but with the tang and the GFO together + the Foxface you already have it should work.

Stu.

Thank you. Two of them are not mine. The yellow Tang is a friends, he just won't come a get it.

The bristle Tooth was an ex-friend and ex-reefer who brought it over and said you take it or I flush it. Now it will belong to French. All I have to do is trap it.

I had this tank for almost 2 years with nothing more than the Gold striped Maroon & the christmas wrasse as far as fish went.
My son and wife have been pushing me here lately for more fish. Those two buggers are reading my books and catching me in lie's!! Gone are the days of "we can't have it, it will fight or eat corals". DAMN those BOOKS!!!

Welcome. I love your tank design! I prefer a more square tank than rectangle shape.

Welcome. I love your tank design! I prefer a more square tank than rectangle shape.
Thank you.

I agree. I found that for me, anything under 25 inches in width is to hard to aqua-scape. Seems like your alway stacking on the back pane. I couldn't go more than 5 feet in lenght due to the room that is dedicated to my SW hobby. That and I want room for my fish to swim around, not just from left to right in the front either.

I found my width by sitting at a desk at work. I had looked at it a thought, Man it would be cool to have a tank this wide. So I messured it, it was 30 inches wide and 36 inches long. So I flipped it around in my head and said I think 36 wide and 30 tall. Then I relized 30 tall is longer than my arms reach so I went with 25 tall.

I like how the Rock work is stacked right in the middle and I still have plenty of room in front a back. I have Maxi-jet mods in the back moving water throught the rocks towards the front and sides.

I just noticed I hadn't commented yet. Great looking tank and welcome to the site. You should put all your tank pictures in the Showcase thread.

Back