New to the site

charlesr1958

Village Idiot
Hi all!

Figured I should get a basic intro out there before I start posting anymore.

My real name is Charles Raabe, I am retired US Navy and now living the dream working as a DiveMaster in the Philippines, and being on a small tropical island surrounded by coral reefs has been, shall we say, Freekin awesome!...:D

Having such daily access for a number of years now, has also allowed me to provide what I find and can see of the reefs online, so in order to get that out of the way, am going to throw a few of my links at ya.

A Philippine Reef Tour - online pictorial of "my" fringing reef(s).

A Philippine Fringing Reef & The Reef Aquarium - For those who are inclined to run a reef system using more natural methods. (Parts 1-3 completed, am working on Part 4 now).

A Hitch Hikers Guide to the Reefs - All of the critters I have found so far by bringing home live rock and sand and photographing all that I can see. It will forever be a work in progress as I find more critters as time passes.

The Care & Breeding of Harlequin Shrimp - Just what the title says, and for those who have breeding pairs, I encourage you to try and raise the larvae as it is still an area that is wide open for discovery.

My Article Listing - most of what I have put together so far, and don't forget the "info links" section off of the main page.

Hope this is all cool with the admins and mods?

Thanks!

Chuck

welcome to the site, and i dont think the mods will have a problem, we are always throwing links around and one of the mods just recently gave me a link of yours in my build thread

CHUCK! Hey welcome to the best reefing forum on the net! Im familiar with your harlequin work from over on Reefsanctuary. Its nice to have you here.

Hi Chuck, welcome aboard.
This site is one of the friendliest & informative out there. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Thanks for your great links, I have used them in the past.
I especially like the hitchhikers guide!

Looking forward to posting with you.

Hi Chuck, welcome aboard.
This site is one of the friendliest & informative out there. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Thanks for your great links, I have used them in the past.
I especially like the hitchhikers guide!

Looking forward to posting with you.

Appreciate it, and I hope to add more to the hitch hiker pages today as I am about 10 minutes away from having to get ready so that I can be on the reef diving within the hour...:bounce:

Chuck

Back