New toys for my tank!

chiqui bb

Reefing newb
I just received my order from MarineDepot.com and wanted to share my excitement. :^:

I ordered stuff for the soon to be set up 90 gal and decided to try out a few items on the existing 55 gal. I'm sure this stuff is old news to you experienced reefers but I am amazed by some of it. Feel like a kid in a candy store.

Ordered the Easy Blade scraper that attaches to a mag float. Ohmygosh!!! Greatest thing since sliced bread.

Also ordered 2 Algae Free sure flow mod kits for my maxi jet 900 powerheads. Wow! Put one in the 55 and watched the water move. I think I may have seen white caps on the surface!! This really moves the water but I turned it off last night because the fish were a little freaked out. I didn't get it in the tank until about 8pm and it was close to nighty-night time for them. They didn't appreciate the extra movement.

Also ordered the Algae Free sure grip magnets for the powerheads. Makes moving them sooo much easier. The magnets are really strong. While examining the instructions on how to attach them to the powerhead, I accidentally allowed them to stick to each other. I really had a hard time getting them apart!

By the way: Most of the items from MarineDepot were more expensive than Drs Foster & Smith but they matched the lower price. I would have ordered from 2Docs but they didn't have all of the items I wanted.

Yes, and thank you. I read a post you made several years ago about this gadget. I was actually searching for information on something else at the time.

It's great. And I buy the replacement blades at Home Depot or Lowes. They are a standard size, so it's nice to not have to order them online.

That's the one item that 2Docs doesn't carry and Marine Depot's free shipping minimum is pretty high. If you get a chance though, get one....I love it!!!

Back