new

saltwater570

Reefing newb
Hey all, I am new to saltwater, I do not have a tank yet but I will soon. I wanted to find a smart forum and try to get as much info. as possible before I take the plunge.

Hi and welcome to the site. You picked the right place to come to. There are many knowledgeable people here, and you will get answers to any question you might have quickly.

Everyone's been in your position at one point or another. I spent over four months scavenging the web for a solid forum. (I'm a member of about seven different reef forums)
But I'll tell you, as a relatively newer member here, this is the spot for:

Solid Information:
-Many of the members and moderators in particular of this forum have years and years of experience in every imaginable aspect of saltwater aquariums. (Experience is the best teacher I.M.O.)

-Also oftentimes, you will find multiple members that have an understanding/experience on whatever may be concerning you at the moment. This way there can be multiple viewpoints offered or multiple people confirming a statement.

Timely Response
-Since this forum is so spread out across the U.S as well as some parts of Canada, time zones become a thing of beauty. I'm a college student have have terrible hours (it's 5:40AM where I am now) I have posted questions up around this time before and have received responses about ten minutes later...and this is when most people are sleeping!

Extremely hospitable and friendly community
-Although I'm a new member, longtime members of this community have already shown me great respect and understanding when it comes to a variety of issues....even outside of the aquarium world.
(and it's not like I don't have my own social life and brood over this forum every waking moment. Just FYI to everyone I'm a part of a cultural fraternity at my college and yes, we do the stereotypical "frat boy" junk like party and drink and stuff, but I developed public speaking abilities, contributed in tons of philanthropic events, helped mold and build individuals from clueless boys to determined and strong leaders. Our fraternity motto is "To be leaders among men." have lifelong brothers that have supported me financially, emotionally, and physically.)--sorry for the rant lol that's a story for another time.

Diverse community
-The fact of the matter is that this community is so diverse, meaning people of all races, ages, environments, and hobbies. This helps tremendously in terms of opinions, advice, and suggestions.

These were just a few quick things that came to mind....at almost 6am in the morning but in all my time of searching for a dependable forum, these were the things that I looked for and each forum I was on had it's shortcomings...whereas this one...just feels like striking gold. :^:

So good luck with your decision and I hope this has helped as well as motivated you to become a part of this community!

Of course it never hurts to still skim from forum to forum to pick up information along the way. The world wide friggin web is a huge network and we might as well reap it for all it's worth right? lol.:Buds:

Back