New

dgramig

Reefing newb
Well I am new to this form and to salt water. I have had fresh water in the past and decided to try saltwater since I have always wanted to. I currently have a 29 gallon tank and so far so good. It has a hob protein skimmer and hob filter. I plan to upgrade that soon. I also got live rock and dry rock in the tank. I have let it cycle for over a month now and have a few damsels in the tank now. The fish are doing good and all my levels seem to be doing well also.Any advice is always appreciated. Ill try to post some pictures soon.

Thanks
David

Hello and welcome to the site...glad to have you aboard. Check out the articles on the right side of the home page to get you started in the right direction. :)

Thanks for the welcome. I am going to try to upload a picture. It has been going for over a month now. I plan to add more live rock next.

Attachments

• fisht tank.jpg
    fisht tank.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 192
oh wow, you need a lot more live rock. You want 1-2 lbs per gallon. Also when you do put the rocks in, you need to move the sand to the front/side so that the rocks are sitting on the bare bottom. This will make it so that the rocks are less prone to falling because the sand under them can shift around out time.

Here are some new pictures. Thanks for the info on the rocks. I bought 25 lbs from them and got it with in two days.

Attachments

• fishtantk 2.jpg
    fishtantk 2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 154
Back