Newbie tank owner

Welcome to the reef! Tell us more about your system. Wow your actually kinda close to me about 2.5 hours. Cool. What are you plans for your tank? Corals or just fish? might end up upgrading some equiptment depending on your decisions. Best advice I can give is dont buy anything else(especially livestock) without doing some reading in the articles section. I will also recommend that you get a copy of "The conscientous Marine Aquarist" by Robert Fenner, its considered the saltwater bible.

Anyways welcome to the site and feel free to ask as many questions as you need.

IMO forget the fake plants and switch the crushed coral for sand. The crushed coral traps a lot of junk you don't want trapped.

Hey, welcome to Living Reef! I used to travel through Ashtabula every six months or so visiting my folks and Grandparents (I'm originally from Ohio). Great area. Hope you enjoy the site. There are a lot of good people here.

Hi and welcome. I answered your questions in the other thread you started. I hope you find that this is a good place to get good information!!

welcome and take this hobby slow it will save you money in the long run hope you get everything figured out with your tank and nothing dies.

We plan on getting another tank soon so the coral will move into there, at least some and we will replace it with sand. As for the plan for the tank we just want fishies, I don't think we really want to get into the coral business!
Unfortunately for us we already have livestock, so everyday is water monitoring day!

Back