Newbie to the game

Good stuff guys, Thanks so much for all the help. I plan to use a siphon to clean the coral surface for the time being. I am headed to the store tomorrow to check out the deal on live rock. I also found a brand new coralife 65 skimmer on e-bay for about 90 bucks which so far has been the best deal i've found. A couple of Koralia # 1's are also a possibility, hopefully ill be good to go by this weekend! Thanks again all, feel free to fly me some more suggestions if you want!
-Mahalo

In case,you have problems with the skimmer go with a reputable place to make your order.Dr.Foster and Smith sells the Coralife for $105....they have good customer service and replacement if something breaks during shipping.

If your a west coast person Marine Depot is also a good place with good customer service (Coralife 65 for $103.99). Drs. Foster and Smith is great for east coast people being in Wisconsin as it is.

I didn't know if you and Alto were jamming to the Beastie Boys are a new group who might of made a remake.BTW,I'm errrrrr 30 something.

all of us "30-somethings" remember the beastie boys. I would have to agree that remakes are not likely with their music. The Dead Milkmen will get redone before the Beastie Boys

-Doc

Wow The Dean Milkmen .. My Old Band Played In Pittsburg Pa At Some Dive Bar With Them ... It Was Freakin Funny As Hell.

just to give you guys the low down, i got 30lbs. of fiji premium, CSS 65 skimmer and a koralia #2 to go with one of my other power heads i already have. can't wait till they get here!

One of my favorite beastie quotes: NO body, can do it, like mix master can!

Sweet sounds like you are on your way to having a nice start to a reef. You might get a cycle with the live rock so you might wanna take the damsels back.

Welcome Bass! Ya LR is a major filtration componant if you want fish that create a heavy bioload. The good news is that for a tank your size it'll be a little more affordable. But it's suggested you get 1.5 lbs of Live rock per gallon. Good luck and post some pics!

Just set everything up last night, right now i got the mad micro bubbles going on while my skimmer breaks in. I put up the pics once it clears up.

Back