Next Fish?

KillerChimps3600

Reefing newb
I have had my 2 clowns for a week now and im planning on getting them a new friend next week. I want something that swims around so im not sure if I want to get a goby yet. Also not a big fan of fire fish or cardinals.

What I would really want is a Flame Angelfish but I think my tank is a little to small for one.

So lets hear some suggestions!! :Cheers: Its a 20G long.

sixlines can get mean in my experiance
hmmmm man there are tons of fish to choose from but being new mabey start out easyish like a purple pysdochromi or mabey a sunrise dotty which both can be a touch mean, hmm mabey a royal gramma or a lawnmower blenny
or a scooter blenny they have lots of character but can be a touch finiky to feed
watchman goby is a good choice handsome fish
stay away from damsels unless you really like them
i really dont know what else is a good free swimming fish but engineer goby's are pretty cool

Sixlines can be mean so add them as your last or only fish. I have not had any problems with mine. They don't bother gobies so you could add either one first.

Engineer gobies are really cool but will sometimes eat your shrimp. Keep them well fed.

What kind of clowns are they? Some are peaceful while others are more aggressive so that would determine what you should get next.

I love my diamond watchman goby but he tries to jump out every night so if you dont have a lid I wouldnt suggest it.

I saw a leaf fish when looking around earlier and I thought it was really cool but it needs to be with peaceful fishes. http://www.odydive.com/news/RedLeafScorpion.jpg

Liveaquaria lists a good selection for smaller tanks... Nano Fish

They are true percs, and wow that Leaf fish is really cool looking ha

also what about a pgymy wrasse or possum wrasse? anyone have these?

Last edited:
IMO it's dumb to get a fish you know you won't be able to care for. Why not just get one you know you'll be able to keep and enjoy.

Back